Mulch is an organic protective cover placed over the soil to retain moisture, reduce erosion, suppress weed growth and provide a “finished” look to the garden. It will also serve to reduce the soil pH as it breaks down.
Mulch installation tips:
- Pull all weeds from garden beds prior to installing mulch.
- Apply roundup to any small weeds that remain.
- Redefine edges of garden beds by digging down 2-3″ so mulch remains in beds after installation.
- For maximum longevity Perfect Barrier Mulch should be installed at a minimum of 3 inches deep.
- Do not apply mulch directly to the base of any trees, shrubs, etc. as this will promote rotting of your plant material.
- Once it is installed, smooth the mulch with a leaf rake in order to create a beautiful evenly mulched garden bed.
- Enjoy the beauty of your yard longer before replenishment.